Paweł Holas, MD Ph.D.
Psychopathology and Psychotherapy Division
at Psychology Department
Dr. Pawel Holas work for ten years and gained his PhD at the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical University of Warsaw, defending the thesis: Attentional biases in anxiety disorders. He is currently working as Associate Professor at Psychopathology and Psychotherapy Division at Psychology Department, Warsaw University. He is working on a variety of projects, including an investigation of cognitive and psychophysiological factors underlying the persistence of affective and anxiety disorders and their modification using attentional retraining and mindfulness-based interventions. He works as a clinician, teacher, and researcher. He has specialization in psychiatry, he is a licensed mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT/MBSR) therapist, cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) therapist and supervisor, and conducts (MBCT) and (CBT) groups for depression and anxiety disorders.
Keywords: attentional biases, mindfulness, gratitude, anxiety, depression.
His primary focus of research lies at investigating mechanisms underlying emotional disorders and on understanding processes that contribute to the flourishing of people, with the key emphasis on how to transfer these knowledge into effective treatment and personal development methods. Dr Holas’s research interests extends from cognitive biases in depression and anxiety disorders, and psycho-emotional aspects of chronic medical conditions to mindfulness, compassion and gratitude. Research methods includes eye-tracking, fMRI and diaries.
- Holas, P. (in press). Tendencyjności uwagowe w fobii społecznej. Zastosowanie i wyniki badań okulograficznych. (in Polish). Eye-tracking methodology in social phobia research. Studia Psychologiczne.
- Holas, P., Suszek, H., Szaniawska, M., Kokoszka, A. (2015). Group cognitive-behavior therapy for anxiety disorders with personality disorders in day clinic setting. Perspective in Psychiatric Care. Article first published online: 28 MAR 2015 DOI: 10.1111/ppc.12115; IF 0,712; 25 pkt
- Holas, P., Krejtz, I., Cypryańska, M., Nezlek, J. (2014). Orienting and maintenance of attention to emotional and threat faces in anxiety – an eye movement study. Psychiatric Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.psychres.2014.06.005 IF - 2,456; 30 pkt.
- Krejtz, I., Nezlek, J., Michnicka, A., Holas, P., Rusanowska, M. (2014). Counting one's blessings can reduce the impact of daily stress. Journal of Happiness Studies. DOI 10.1007/s10902-014-9578-4 IF - 1.772; 40 pkt.
- Jankowski, T., Holas, P. (2014). Metacognitive model of mindfulness. Consciousness and Cognition. 48, pp 64-80 IF 2.235; 30 pkt.
- Symonides, B., Holas, P., Schram, M., Sleszycka, J., Bogaczewicz, A., Gaciong, Z. (2014). Does the control of negative emotions influence blood pressure control and its variability? Blood Pressure. Early Online, 1–7; PMID: 24786662. IF – 1,391; 20 pkt
- Michałowski, J., Holas, P., Zvolensky, M.J. (2014). Polish Adaptation and Psychometric Validation of the Anxiety Sensitivity Index – III. Journal of Individual Differences. 35,2, pp. 79-86. IF – 1,208, 15 pkt.
- Holas, P., Jankowski, T. (2013). A cognitive perspective on mindfulness. International Journal of Psychology. 48, 3, pp. 232-244
- Holas, P., Krejtz , I., Urbankowski, T., Skowyra, A., Ludwiniak, A., Domagala-Kulawik, J. (2013). Anxiety, its relations to symptoms severity and anxiety sensitivity in sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis, Vasculitis and Diffuse Lung Diseases. 30; 282-288
- Gaweda, L., Holas, P., Kokoszka, A. (2013). Do depression and anxiety mediate the relationship between meta-cognitive beliefs and psychological dimensions of auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia? Psychiatry Research. 210;1316–1319
- Michałowski, J., Holas, P. (2013). Polish adaptation and validation of the Agoraphobic Cognitions Questionnaire and the Body Sensations Questionnaire. Psychiatria Polska, XLVII, Nr 4, s. 679–687
- Ashwin, C., Holas, P., Broadhurst,, Kokoszka, A., Georgiou, G.A., & Fox, E. (2012). Enhanced anger superiority effect in generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. Mar;26(2):329-36. Epub 2011 Nov 28.
- Michałowski, J., Holas, P., Wojdyło, K., Gorlewski, B (2012). Polska adaptacja i walidyzacja skali zachowań unikowych towarzyszących agorafobii. Polish Adaptation and validation of the mobility inventory. Psychiatria i Psychoterapia,8, Nr 3-4: s.20-30
- Gawęda, Ł., Holas, P., Kokoszka, A. (2012) Dysfunctional meta-cognitive beliefs and anxiety, depression and self-esteem among healthy subjects with hallucinatory-like experiences. Psychiatria Polska, XLVI, Nr 6, str. 933–949
- The nature of attentional biases among social phobics. Behavioral, psychophysical and neuronal correlates of attentional processes. From National Center for Science (no. N402 269036). Role: principal investigator, Medical University of Warsaw (2010-2014)
- Attentional training in depression. From National Center for Science. (Nr DEC-012/04/M/HS6/00470).Role: Researcher; Principal investigator: Izabela Krejtz, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities (2013- 2016)
- Comparison of an intensive group cognitive-behavior and an intensive group psychodynamic psychotherapy. From National Center for Science (no. N N402 464340). Medical University of Warsaw (2011- 2015)
- Age differences in the roles of cognitive and psychophysiological processes in shaping reactions to stress and the use of feedback about stress reaction as a clinical intervention. From Foundation for Polish Science (FNP, Grant Bridge BIS/2011-3/2). Role: Researcher; Principal investigator: Izabela Krejtz, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities (2013- 2016)